KGHypnobirthing gives you the knowledge and the tools to have the best natural birth for you. You need information and knowledge in order to get the best from the system in which you find yourself. You need to understand the implications of the choices you may be required to make. Most of all, you need to release fear and learn to trust your body, your instinct, and your baby. In order to do this, you need information and knowledge. I can’t do it for you. I am the signpost. You make the journey. I regard it as my responsibility to give you all the information and support I possibly can to help you, and I will always be there for you to refer to after you have attended a class with me.
Benefits For Mum
- Increases the likelihood of experiencing a calm, positive, empowered labour and birth. Feeling calm and confident during labour helps her body to work as efficiently as possible and promotes the release of endorphins -which is the body’s natural anaesthetic. This is likely to reduce the need for pain relief and possible escalation in interventions; shorten labour; reduce the risk of perineal tearing or needing an episiotomy
- Release fear, anxiety and negative thought about labour and birth that may have an adverse effect on the progress of her labour
- Build confidence in herself and her body’s innate ability to give birth naturally
- Learn the physiological and psychological aspects of birth so she has a better understanding of what is happening; the impact of external factors and be able to make informed decisions should the need arise
- Provides tools to enable her to cope with the unexpected or unwanted
Benefits For Birth Partner
- Gives them invaluable practical tools and techniques they can use to help their partner during pregnancy, labour, and birth
- Makes them feel an integral and important part of the birthing process which in turn facilitates the bonding process
- Allows them to understand the birthing process and what is happening physically to their partner as she births
- Gives them the knowledge to be able to make informed choices should the need arise
Benefits For Baby
- Reduces the level of adrenalin hormones from the mother which can affect his level of stress during and after birth - calm mother = calm baby
- Babies tend to be born more smoothly, requiring fewer interventions and medication
- According to feedback given by hypnobirthing mothers to the HypnoBirthing Institute, it appears that hypnobirthed babies tend to be more alert and calm at birth, with high APGAR scores and feed and sleep better than babies who had a medically-assisted birth, where interventions and medication are used.
The benefits of hypnobirthing to you are obvious, but the long term benefits to your baby cannot be over-estimated!